Saturday 15 November 2008

I was "impressed"

Oh, plz refer to my previous blog entry "i was impressed" b4 u read this entry.. =x lol..


I was really impressed how this group of students celebrated the gal bdae..


A lot of explanations on why the above happened, some said its a case of bullying? some said its juz a prank? or juz like the official statement from the sch principal that it was juz a celebration, blah blah.. I do not noe wad really happened in between, so i am definitely not in a position to comment whether its really a case of bullying or not, neither do I gonna to associate this event with the sch, bcoz i do believe that wad happened above is juz an isolated case that does not represent the whole population of ACJC students becoz my ACJC friends do behave really well and doin well in their respective fields.

Wad i am more concerned is on the part on some students do think that wad happened above are "normal" ways to celebrate bdae.. I was like o.O .. and my friends said this is not the worst.. O.O This is the normal way our younger peers celebrated their birthdays??

I am really worried to see that some students do think that this is "normal" and i am more worried that few years down the road, this will become a norm (or has it?? =s) for bdae celebration. I am really worried for my children nxt time.. I am serious.. =x How would you and ur parents feel if ur younger siblings have their bdae celebrated by their friends in this manner?? Worse, wad if the person was traumatized by the experience and committed suicide?? (we nv noe? =x), then who would be held reponsible??

If our society thinks that this way of celebrating bdae is okie, then i got nth more to say. but i am now assuming that our society is not "ready" for this kind of celebration, then i will say that this kind way of celeration is certainly getting abit out of hand.. and i really afraid that it will send a wrong msg to other youths that is sth normal that they can do it as and when they like..

I am seriously disturbed.. =x

PS: judging from the way the media reported the event, i am assuming that the media does not seem to treat this peice of news too positively, and assuming that the official statement given by the sch is true that the whole process was purely a bdae celebration, then i will say that this event will be a classic textbook example on how a media is able to tweak the truth and affect public opinion. =x lol..

Reference: Photos above were taken from STOMP.

No comments: