Friday 27 March 2009

60 Earth Hour

Hi people!! =]


Tommorow is the day – "60 Earth Hour". The day where people all around the world will switch off unnecessary lighting and electricity applications from one hour starting from 8.30pm to 9.30pm to send a powerful global message that we need to take action on climate change.


Thus, I have decided that with the effect of 00:00AM 28th March 2009 to 00:00AM 29th March 2009, I shall switch off:

  1. My Computer (which I on almost the whole day!)
  2. The TV (not watching TV for the whole day!)
  3. The Heater when I bath
  4. All lighting and fan (I shall go Mac for its lighting and air-con, so that I don't need to switch on additional light and fan at my home!)

My hand phone and MP3 will still on, but on minimum usage! During the period of 8.30-9.30pm, I shall be jogging around my neighbourhood so that I can minimise the electricity usage during that period! =]


I just heard from radio that last year, the total electricity usage of last year de 1-hr switch off period actually increased! =x Opps! Hopefully this year the total electricity usage will decrease! =]


Please to your part and switch off your lighting for one hour starting from 8.30pm tomorrow!



For more information. please visit 60 Earth Hour

No comments: