Tuesday 4 March 2008

The Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music

Oh right ppl, i dont look like i am a classical person, but i do listen to classical music okie? =p lol.. Really really!!! Bt then it was because my elder brother liked to play classical music CDs.. So i listened loh.. Then i jiu listen liao.. =] lol..

Went to The Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music to listen to NUS Orchestra last Saturday.. One of my 1st 3mths friends, AD asked me to go.. So as to support her, i went with my gf.. =] lol.. Wah.., gav her face sia.. =p lol..

Before that, i went to sms a few friends asking them how to go the conservatory.. I juz realised diff person woud giv u diff explanation.. =p lol.. I gt a friend who gav me a v details explanation - take which bus, stopped at which bus stop, then would see a traffic light, then like that walked.. Super details lah! Thankz SH.. =] Then some juz told me, "Oh, u take bus 96, then this bus stop alight jiu dui liao.." =p lol.. But anyway, really thankz to all my friends who replied my sms telling me who to go.. =]

Anyway, apparently we still alighted at the wrong bus stop.. =x lol.. Mogo.. So at the end my gf and i gt to walk for some distance.. lol.. Then we finally arrived, be-seated.. =]

The place is juz so nice.. =] Bt then hor, dont noe why, but my 1st thought was this: "Hm.., this place can fit 2/3 of current IJC de JC1 de cohort.." diao... =p lol.. Tts really my 1st thought lah! Dont noe why i would think it this way.. Or i hav nth else to think abt.. =x lol.. Anyway I am lazy to further describe the conservatory =x , so I juz copied and pasted the description from the website..
CONSERVATORY CONCERT HALL

The 600-seat Conservatory Concert Hall is specially designed as the performing home of the Conservatory Orchestra, as well as for solo and chamber music performances.

The hall’s shoe-box shape optimizes its acoustics. Specially textured maplewood wall panels and oak flooring provide a warm and distinguished setting for one of the most
elegant performances spaces in Singapore.
She only played for 1st part.. So after that she jiu sit at the audience's seat.. To my horror, she was juz in front of me while i was juz sitting behind her, she nv notice my gf and i for the nxt one hour.. *faintz* lol.. Only after the performance and when we sms-ed each other she told me that she forgot which seats that she allocated to me and my gf.. =x *faintz faintz* lol.. After the concert we two quickly went off.. =p lol.. Then when we saw a bus juz arrived then we juz boarded.. =x lol.. Only to realise later that this bus goin to Hougang.. =x lol.. Then we alighted somewhere in Dover then finally managed to gt back to Clementi.. lol.. =]

Overall, i hav a nice day that day.. =]

Juz met here juz now at Clementi MRT station to pay her the ticket fee.. her voice bcum so high-pitched.. =p lol.. Last time (3 years ago.. =p lol..) she sounded like a kentang.. Now she sounded like a kentang trying to speak Chinese.. =p lol.. She taking up degree in Social Work.. Wah.. our future Social Worker... =p lol..

Oh yah, juz a sidenote. Was talkin with IU abt YST on msn.. Hope she can do well for the audition and get into YST- her dream sch! Good Luck! =p lol..

Acknowlegdement:
All photos and the description on the Conservatory Concert Hall was taken from the NUS's website. Plz visit the website for more information.. =] http://music.nus.edu.sg/facilities/

No comments: