Saturday 3 May 2008

Food Crisis!

I am v grateful for every meal that I can have everyday. Sudd hav this thought when I was eating my dinner few dayz ago…

I was eating my dinner at the coffee shop as usual.. Then when I was abt to eat, I realised that I ordered one meat, one tofu and one veggie. I felt weird.. I also didn’t noe why, but I juz felt weird. Perhaps bcoz usually I only ordered two side dishes instead of three (this was especially true during the end of the mth when I was broke.. =x lol.. But tts not the point here).

My friends would have know that I always finished all the food no matter wad.. They also nicknamed me ‘Rubbish Bin’ bcoz I would nag them to finish their food and sometime even helped them to finish their food.. =x Haha.. Sometime I would juz feel guilty for not finishing the food, especially when nowadayz food are getting more expensive and there is food shortage.

Actually I also don’t noe how to express my points here.. =x lol.. Hm.. To say it in simple ways:

  • Only bought the amount of food that u can finish. If u know that the seller will give u more rice and u cant finish it, then ask for less rice.
  • Make sure that u finish all the food, don’t waste.
  • And also, encourage others to do the above as well! =]

Lets do our small parts to reduce food wastage! =] Wad we saved might make differences in other people lives. Even if it is small, we shd help as well! =]

“No matter how minor you think it is, never do an evil act. But never avoid doing a good act; a small difference goes a long way!”

(Special thankz to Pamela for the translation! =])

Save Food Save Food! =]

Anyway, talking about food, I am going to join the 30 Hour Famine Camp for the 3rd time this coming June. For more info, u can go to the Famine and WorldVision websites. =]

No comments: