Friday 29 May 2009

Going back as A Chinese Teacher

I have been really busy since last Thursday. This is because I went back to my secondary school to volunteer myself to teach Chinese as my juniors would be taking their Chinese O Level papers this coming Monday. I really enjoyed to go back to my old schools, be it secondary school or junior college (but not my current school though =p lol.) because I can always help out and derive much satisfaction from it! =D Beside, I like to interact with people and my juniors as well as new teachers! =D lol.


I was primarily in-charge of this class of Sec 5 class (just like last year!) which is supposed to be not-that-good compared to their peers from another class. But apparently, from what I have learnt about them from our interactions for the past few days, I realized that many of them were not that bad. They did have a certain level of Chinese standard already. Perhaps it was just that they were not that confidence, or lack of some critical skills such as to examine the question and answer them in the way the question required them to do. In addition, some of them are really hardworking and kept asking lots of questions. There was this junior called Eugene and when his classmates went out for break before the night class, he held me back and asked me lots of questions! In the end for the next two hours, the big whiteboard was full of Chinese characters and sentences that I shared with him when he asked me questions. There was also this guy called Timmy who was well-known for his “mischievous behaviours” (yeap people you know what I meant =p lol.). But despite that, I must say that he was quite good in Chinese and rather well-behaved in my class! =] There was also this guy called Qin Quan, who looks abit like “pei kia” and sometimes would say something very irritating, like when the teacher asked him to do a practice paper, he would like “Aiyah teacher can don’t do or not, I very tired already” something along that line. But nonetheless, when he was given the paper, he would do the paper quietly all the way until he had done his paper, unlike his peers who would get distracted more easily than him.


Then when this group of Sec 5 kids went out for their dinner, i would go to teach other kids. =] There was this girl called Pamela. A friendly one who always asked questions. i believed she will be able to do really well. Not too worried because she could take a good care of herself. =] But, i more problematic one was her friend Vanessa. At 1st i noticed her because of her hair colour, but oh well, its naturally like that so i have nothing to say! =p lol. Then hor, got CCA never come for night class. Okay suan le. Then when i finally saw her again in the night class, she came in reading magazine at 5pm, then read all the way to 6.15pm! -.-"" So much so that her own friends said, "Wah! you finally start liao arh??" Classic! lol. I was worried for her sia. Vanessa if you are reading this, please buck up! But remember dont overstress yourself as well okay? =]


All in all, I realized that how fulfilling it is to become a teacher, especially when they were able to understand what they have asked after you explained or answered them! =] I really enjoyed it. And apparently my students too, because when I told them yesterday was my last day they were like “WHY?!? Why tomorrow you not coming already?!?! Come leh come leh…” =p lol.


Last but not least, I would like to use this opportunity to thank my gf for allowing me to do all these. My gf had been really supportive to me by allowing me to go back and help out. What is more, she even offered me it is okay not to fetch her on Friday like I usually do and let me go back to teach again. Rejected her! Caused I think that it is alright for me to use my own time to do things that I like, but still I shall not be selfish and do just things that I like to do at the expense of our own time together! So no no! I will still come and fetch you! =D Even though this passage is not very long, but I do want to say that I really appreciate for everything that you have been given to me. What more can I ask from her? =p lol *muaxkz* lurve! =]


All right people, I going off to fetch her liao! Cya!! =D

No comments: